The Ergon GD1 grip is a mountain bike gravity grip that uses a tapered conical shape and a unique rubber compound specifically designed for downhill and gravity-focused riding. Developed in conjunction with pro riders, the GD1 enhances comfort by using targeted damping as well as a surface profile that Ergon claims reduces the gripping force required to maintain comfort and control. To achieve this, the grip must be positioned in a specific way for ideal performance. The GD1 is available in several colors along with two sizes: slim and standard.
Ergon grips are known for their unique tapered shapes which may seem unconventional, but Ergon has done their research and it's hard to deny the support from pros and enthusiast alike. The GD1 uses a tapered conical shape with more rubber in the outer part of the grip to improve damping for your palm on long, rough descents. The grip tapers to a slim inner diameter for maximum control, with an inner rubber stop that allows quick positioning of the hand. The rubber is soft and tacky, but Ergon makes sure the grip is still precise and supportive as to not numb trail features and the overall feel of the trail. The targeted pattern provides optimal grip, and as mentioned above, reduces gripping force at the same time. The grips come with a high-strength aluminum clamps that ensures the GD1 is torsion-proof, even for carbon handlebars.
- MTB grip for downhill and gravity riding
- More rubber in the outer area provides damping for your palm
- Grip tapers to slim inner diameter for maximum control of the bike
- Rubber stop allows quick positioning of the hand
- Position-sensitive pattern optimizes grip & reduces gripping force
- Rubber is soft but doesn't numb the feel of the trail
- High-strength aluminum clamp keeps the grip torsion-proof