SES 5.6 Disc Wheelset
ENVE’s wheels have long held a position at the top of the power rankings. Stiff and light, built with exacting standards, the SES 5.6 Disc Wheelset brings the aerodynamic rim shaping to disc compatibility, and this version is purpose-built for tubular tires for the optimal lightweight setup. The rim features a slight curve where the brake track would be a rim-brake wheel, resulting in more efficient airflow between tire, rim and frame. As with the rest of ENVE's SES line, the 5.6 rims aren't subjected to static, arbitrary NACA shapes. Instead, the engineers let each wheel's depth requirements dictate the ideal dimensions in order to reduce lateral forces and increase aerodynamic benefits across a wide range of yaw angles.
As the SES name implies, these wheels are built using the Smart ENVE System to create a rim that is as strong and stable as it is aerodynamic. ENVE wheels enjoy the reputation of having one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios in the industry because of a jealously guarded process of in-molded spoke holes, nipple seats, and valve stem holes rather than drilling them after the fact. Finally, the rims are laced to DT Swiss 240 hubs for rapid engagement and smooth power transfer from pedal to wheel to tarmac.
- ENVE's quick mid-depth wheelset for road racing and triathlons
- SES carbon construction balances aerodynamics and stability
- Unidirectional construction adds durability while dropping grams
- Centerlock disc brakes improve braking in variable weather conditions
- Healthy internal rim width is optimized for 25mm tires
- Tubular compatibility for the premier lightweight, lively combo
- Molded spoke holes boost strength to weight ratio
- ENVE once again redefines the carbon aero wheelset