SES 4.5 Tubular Wheelset
For those who ride tubulars, there is no feeling on the road quite like tubulars. ENVE knows this and brings their SES 4.5 Tubular Wheelset in good, time-honored quick-release fashion to match with your aerodynamic triathlon rig or road-racing speedster. The SES 4.5 occupies the best-of-all-worlds middle ground on their road-wheel lineup, offering durability for some rougher roads and a wheel depth that maximizes frontal aerodynamic performance without presenting unnecessary challenges in crosswinds.
At 48mm depth for the front wheel and 56mm for the rear, the mixed depth wheelset smooths the air for impressive straight-line speed. The mid-depth profile further reduces weight compared to deeper profiled wheelsets and helps the SES 4.5 wheelset reach a claimed weight of 1340 grams, placing it within whispering distance of elite climber-focused wheelsets. ENVE designs the SES 4.5 to be aerodynamically optimized for 25mm width tires, but you can fit up to 28mm while maintaining impressive performance and reducing impact vibrations on rougher courses.
ENVE laces the SES 4.5 to and alloy hub with DT Swiss 240 internals in the pursuit of elite-racing demands without the price tag of higher cost carbon shells or ceramic bearings.
- Performance wheelset to keep it classic with tubulars and quick-release skewers
- Wheelset sits perfectly in the middle ENVE's road wheel performance lineup
- Aerodynamically shaped to excel in road cycling and triathlon events
- Accommodates up to 28mm tires for rougher pavement
- Rolls on ENVE's Alloy hub for performance at a lower price
- Lifetime incident protection covers mishaps on or off the bike