Pedal up, scream down, repeat.
The ENVE M70 Thirty 27.5in Wheelset is hand-built for riders who love to charge down the mountain and pedal back up for more. Learning from its World Cup DH program, ENVE built a rim that was stronger than its AM rim and capable of taking a bigger beating without batting an eye.
These 27.5in rims each weigh roughly 453g, only slightly heavier than the AM rims, and they have more width, can take larger tires, and are much stronger—not a bad trade-off. One way the team in Ogden, Utah, increased strength was trading in traditional bead hooks for redesigned beadles hook beads that are lighter and have higher impact resistance.
ENVE achieved an internal width of 25mm to deliver a round tire profile that stays stable around corners by keeping more rubber on the ground at all times. ENVE’s engineers don’t settle for anything less than the best ride feel, and the M70 Thirty Wheelset is tuned to give you a degree if vertical compliance without sacrificing lateral rigidity.
The wheels are laced with DT Swiss 240 hubs that you can find in Centerlock or standard 6-bolt rotor interfaces, and you can choose between standard freehubs or an XD driver (works with SRAM’S one-by-eleven drivetrains).
- Enduro hoops for big-hit machines
- Carbon fiber dries hard but sits light
- Engineered to give radially and dissipate chatter
- Beadless hooks actually hold tubeless setups better
- Generous rim width makes for big tire volume
- DT Swiss 240 hubs are the custom wheel builder's preference
- It's no exaggeration to claim that ENVE revolutionized carbon wheels