The new champ.
When ENVE came on the scene a few years ago, its wheels quickly became the gold standard by which all other carbon wheels would be tested. On the other side of the coin, Chris King Components has been around for almost 40 years, and it's been the gold standard in headsets and hubs for longer than most of us have been riding bicycles. What do you get when you put these two masters of bicycle component innovation together? The ENVE M70/Thirty 27.5in Chris King wheelset, naturally.
With the M70/Thirty rim, ENVE set out to best its AM rim. It definitely pulled it off. While the M70/Thirty is a few grams heavier than the AM, it’s much wider—25mm inner rim width—to accommodate today’s wider tires. It’s also much stronger and takes ENVE’s incredible recipe of lateral stiffness and vertical compliance to the next level.
The hubs are Chris King. King’s components have become synonymous with quality, and none have achieved a stronger reputation than the Portland-based manufacturer’s hubs. King hubs routinely go years without service, and with 72 points of engagement at the rear, their incredible performance is unmatched. Not only that, King rear hubs are designed to withstand a consistent 800 ft/lbs of torque—ridiculous when you consider that an Olympic-level track sprinter is capable, at peak power, for only a few seconds, of putting out around 150 ft/lbs. And for the final bonus, your bike will have the legendary “angry bees” soundtrack.
- Roll on top of an unbeatable combo of Chris King and ENVE
- USA-made tech that's ready to dominate the trail
- Laterally stiff and vertically complaint carbon hoops
- 25-millimeter internal width is versatile for lofty tires
- Redesigned beadless hook for a seamless tubeless setup
- 72 rear hub engagement points offer near-instant propelling
- Tested to a consistent 800ft/lbs of torque for reliable power