Easton's new EC70 Offset Seatpost is designed for those who are fanatical about their bike fit. Whether you need a zero offset or a setback post, or you want to change up the saddle's tilt without affecting the fore/aft or vice versa, the new EC70 has you covered. This lightweight post is constructed from unidirectional carbon fiber, like its range-topping EC90, however, it has a uniquely designed clamp assembly, and that's the part that makes this seatpost really interesting.
The post part is worth a mention for sure as Easton uses its typical carbon mastery to create a post that’s really light and stiff so no watt is wasted, but not so harsh that every bump and jolt gets transmitted directly to your spine. At the top, Easton bonds a forged aluminum head to the carbon shaft for an impressive strength to weight while keeping the cost low. The head is where it’s all new, patent pending, Independent Saddle Adjustment or ISA is housed. The takeaway here is its ability to offer completely independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments. You get a sleek head that's more minimal than traditional twin-bolt designs while still offering two pitch adjustment bolts, allowing the saddle angle to lock into place as if you were adjusting limit screws, but unlike a single bolt design, you get easier adjustability and more security.
The Easton EC70 Offset Seatpost is available in a Matte Carbon finish, a 350mm length, and in a 27.2mm diameter. Clamps for both round 7mm and 7 x 9mm Oval rails are included.
- A lightweight carbon post for road, gravel, and 'cross rigs
- Ud Carbon lay-up is strong and light
- Choose between zero or 20mm setback options
- Carbon post and aluminum head offer impressive strength to weight
- 2 pitch adjustment bolts allow easy micro-adjustments to saddle angle
- All-new ISA post head allows independent tilt and fore/aft adjustments
- Comes with 7mm round and 7mm x 9mm Oval rail clamps