Vortex Racer II Cycling Shoe
Diadora’s Vortex Racer II Men’s Shoes are half pro-caliber trickle-down technology and half everyman all-rounder, which means they pack enough punch for hard and fast rides but are comfortable enough that you’ll actually want to wear them. The upper is part of the former category, with Suprell-Mesh fabric that’s built using Diadora’s racing last and a pro-level heel cup that prevents slop when you’re hammering up tarmac walls.
To balance power and price, Diadora outfitted the Vortex with its Performance Road CR sole, a composite-reinforced platform that’s rated a six on the company’s stiffness scale. The sole is outfitted with a NET Breathing System, which uses a network of synthetic fibers in conjunction with a waterproof and breathable membrane to keep both sweat and the elements at bay. There’s also a single BOA dial closure at the top of the foot and a strap at the toe to relieve pressure, along with a replaceable Duratech rubber heel cap to keep you upright on slick coffee shop floors.
- Diadora performance at an impressive price
- Snug fitting upper maximizes performance
- BOA L5 dial makes quick micro-adjustments on the fly
- Perforated EVA footbed breathes and supports
- Ergonomic Heel Support locks the foot in for efficiency
- Heavily vented sole lets feet breathe on summer rides