Pickup Pad DLX
Bikes and trucks go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's hard to compete with the ease of tossing your trusty steed into the bed of a pickup to bust out laps at your local trailhead. The Dakine Pickup Pad DLX is the perfect tool to get it there safely, and protect your carbon frame from the tailgate, or the tailgate from steel scratches and dings along the way.
The fleece lined padding is covered with a thick layer of 1000D polyester for serious durability, and it's topped with a UV- and weather-resistant coating, so you can leave the pad on your truck all season long, always ready spontaneous shuttles. Four straps wrap around your tailgate to keep the pad secure, and two lockable grommets enable you to run a cable lock through all of your bikes, keeping them secure when you stop for your post ride pilsner and pizza. An over-sized access flap enables use of a back-up camera, and accommodates the different sizing and locations of modern day tailgate handles.
The Small pad, intended for a mid-sized truck, carries up to five bikes, the Large fits full sized trucks and can haul up to seven. Regardless of size, the pads include secure bike anchors to keep your machines in place. This may make you the victim to more shuttle requests, but at the end of the day, who can complain about a day of riding with your crew?
- The perfect pad for slinging your bike to the trailhead
- Sizes for mid-sized or full-sized trucks
- Microfleece lining keeps your truck scratch free
- 1000D polyester is durable and can withstand the elements
- Individual bike anchor straps hold each bike securely
- Large access flap for tailgate access and rear-view cameras
- Works best on new tailgate designs