Why We Like The Mallet E Long Spindle Pedals
Bred for enduro racing and all-mountain riding, the Crank Brothers Mallet E Long Spindle Pedal takes design influence from the downhill-crushing Mallet DH with its longer 57-millimeter spindle. This elongated spindle/q-factor provides a bit more clearance, which is especially helpful if you're regularly hitting the chainstays with every turn of the cranks. The 57-millimeter q-factor inspires confidence and stability at speed, albeit with a minor loss of maneuverability in tight spaces. Overall, it's a great choice for aggressive riders seeking sure-footed stability for pummeling across open terrain at speed.
Besides the longer q-factor, the Mallet E Long Spindle Pedals retain the same sought-after attributes as the regular Mallet E, which is a good thing if you're seeking bombproof durability and uncompromising stability across rough terrain. The concave platform with six adjustable pins offers sure-footed stability when rock gardens are trying their best to pitch you over the bars. Traction pads provide a non-slip surface for securely locating the clip-in mechanism after a dismount. Chamfered edges reduce the chance of rock strikes, which is useful for cleaning especially tricky trail sections with large boulders.
Withstanding the mud-caked trails and fine grit of the trail, Crank Brothers added new Enduro cartridge bearings, Igus bushings, and external seal reinforcement. To ensure reliable entry in these difficult conditions, the four-sided entry naturally sheds mud when you're engaging into the clip-in interface. Rounding out this incredibly capable pedal, release angles of 15 or 20 degrees allow for swift exits during sketchy situations or greater security from popping out after a bit of accidental twisting.
- Purebred enduro pedals with longer spindle
- 57mm q-factor adds clearance and stability
- Bombproof aluminum body withstands rugged terrain
- Concave platform with six adjustable pins for grip
- Traction pads help you clip-in after dismounting
- Four-sided, mud-shedding entry with 15/20-deg release
- Enduro cartridge bearings for smooth, reliable operation
- Item #CRN002E
- [spindle] forged scm 435 chromoly steel, [body] 6061-t6 aluminum, [wing] 17-4PH stainless steel, [spring] 300-series stainless steel
- 6º (standard cleat included)
- Entry / Release
- 15 / 20 deg
- Spindle Diameter
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 15oz (424g)
- enduro, all-mountain
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
- 2 cleats, 2 cleat washer, 4 cleat screw, 2 cleat shim
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help