To clip-in, or not to clip-in, that is the question.
There's an age-old battle between trail riders preferring the quick-bailing freedom of flats versus the clip-in crowd touting the efficiency of being attached. Although we're not particularly partial to either form of pedaling, we like to have both at hand for different trail systems and riding disciplines. Solving this either-or dilemma once and for all, the Crank Brothers Doubleshot 3 Pedal offers the best of both worlds, so you can rip technical terrain one day with flats, then crank along smooth singletrack with clip-ins the very next.
These ingenious pedals feature a hybrid design that's heavily influenced from the enduro-favorite Mallet E. You'll reap the traction benefits of eight adjustable pins on the flat side, with diamond-plated pads for texturized grip along both sides. The clip-in side features the same mechanism you've come to love from Crank Brothers, namely due to its mud-shedding ability, ease of entry, and speedy release that saves you from falling over.
Durable cast steel wings and the A380 aluminum body withstand repeated beatings on the trail, even after harsh strikes when you're rumbling across rock gardens. Its sufficiently wide platform gives you ample room to find the pedals after dismounting while enhancing stability during high-speed descents and sketchy situations. To ensure the pedals spin smoothly over time, premium bearings are double-sealed to keep out muck and trail grit.
- Hybrid trail pedals for riding with flats or clip-ins
- Flat side features eight adjustable traction pins
- Clip-in mechanism engages and releases quickly
- Easily sheds mud during entry for ease of use
- Durable cast steel wings and A380 aluminum body
- Wide platform inspires confidence at high speeds
- Diamond-plated pads on both sides for reliable grip
- Includes Crank Brothers' brass cleats and shims