Every endurance athlete knows the stinging pain of frigid winter training, and the extremities always take the brunt of the punishment. Winter cycling warrants special consideration, though, as cyclists create yet more cold through wind-chill produced by higher speeds. Craft's Podium Thermal Windstopper Gloves help to address that additional chill with a layer of Gore Windstopper across the back of the hand, helping to reduce the deleterious effect experienced at the speed of cycling.
In addition to being literally windproof, Windstopper is also DWR-treated, so it protects your most exposed extremities from both the cold and wet of cycling from late fall through to early spring. The gloves are relatively light on insulate, relying on that elemental protection to do the trick. This does mean that they're not quite equal to winter's worst, so we find it's helpful to pack a thin liner in our jersey pockets when we're rolling out on days in the low 40s. (The gloves' slime, race-minded fit won't allow much layering beyond that.)
The gloves' lack of insulation makes for low bulk, though, which helps keep bar feel in the green. Bar feel is further improved through the inclusion of a 100% sheepskin palm, which combines protection and with a premium on preserving the tactile interface between hands and hoods.
- Cold-weather cycling gloves for racing and serious training
- Gore Windstopper membrane cuts the chill and wet of winter
- Sheepskin palm and low-bulk construction maintain bar feel
- Extended hook-and-loop cuff reduces jacket/glove gap
View more Men's Winter Bike Gloves
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Palm Circumference:
- Measure around your hand at the widest point excluding the thumb.
- Measure from your wrist to the end of your middle finger.