Baselayers are helpful on the bike year-round, but we can understand eschewing one in the summer months for simplicity's sake. Once the leaves begin to turn and the morning temperatures drop, however, a trustworthy baselayer becomes far more of a necessity. Craft believes that the right first layer is the key to staying active in the cold, and its Women's Short-Sleeve Active Extreme 2.0 CN Baselayer demonstrates the Swedish company's expertise.
The contoured, lightweight top comes constructed with a polyester main body in a channel knit, which establishes a layer of insulating warm air next to the skin when you start pedaling. The fabric continuously pulls moisture away from your skin to ward off clamminess once you warm up, and panels of Coolmax-Air help the cause by further encouraging rapid moisture transfer. These properties make this a baselayer you can wear in a wide range of temperatures, depending on how you layer. It pairs excellently with a thermal jersey or jacket on cold days, and allows you to squeeze another few days in with your favorite summer jersey too.
- An adaptable baselayer that warms on chilly fall days
- Form-fitting cut layers easily beneath different jerseys
- Moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry as you sweat
- Channel knit construction holds warm air next to skin
View more Women's Short-Sleeve Base Layers
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
- Measure from your neck to your wrist with arms held out.