Voluminous support and unrelenting traction.
Seeing that many modern trail and all-mountain machines are increasingly slacker with long-travel figures to match, Continental developed the Trail King 29in Tire to provide unrelenting traction and voluminous support for these aggressive bikes and riding disciplines. This tire excels when the trail turns increasingly steep and technical, regardless if you're rallying across a boulder-strewn trail where falling isn't an option or railing corners on tacky forest loam. Another stand-out feature is its significantly wider casing, which allows you to drop tire pressures in tubeless form to gain heaps of traction and bump-smoothing compliance over small rocks, bigger boulders, and nasty roots in the forest.
This particular Trail King features Continental's BlackChili compound, which strikes just the right balance between relatively fast rolling speed and all-out grip, all without sacrificing longevity when you're smashing it on the trail and logging serious miles throughout the riding season. It's reinforced against cuts and punctures with Continental's Protection Apex, which is up to the task of serious thrashings common to aggressive trail and all-mountain riding.
- Aggressive tire designed for slack, long-travel mountain bikes
- Voluminous casing affords greater support over rough terrain
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance while riding hard
- Multitude of small knobs for tenacious grip on the trail
- BlackChili compound balances rolling speed with traction
- Protection Apex reinforces tire from punctures and tears
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional detail and materials