Mountain King Performance Tire
Continental's Mountain King Performance tire is the perfect trail riding companion for a wide range of terrain. Using snappy central knobs and tall grippy outer knobs, the Mountain King has no shortage of braking and cornering traction on dry, mixed, loose, and even wet conditions. It uses a lower-volume casing than Continental's other aggressive trail tire, the Trail King, but the Mountain King's tread pattern does a bit better when the trails are wet.
The Trail King Performance uses a compound called PureGrip, which is one step below their famed Black Chili compound when it comes to grip and rolling speed, but is claimed to have a longer wear life due to the firmer rubber, and comes in at a considerably lower cost. Despite lacking the heavy-duty Protection layer found on their top-tier tires, the dense 3-layer casing and honeycomb sidewall design do a good job fending off punctures and slices from jagged rocks. And of course, it's tubeless-ready, letting you run lower tire pressure for more traction and smoother damping, as well as the peace of mind that comes from a self-sealing tubeless system.
- Continental's do-it-all mountain bike tire is not stingy on grip
- Recommended for dry, mixed, loose, and even wet conditions
- Snappy center knobs dig deep for traction and braking power
- Tall grippy outer knobs provide confidence in loose corners
- PureGrip compound balances grip, rolling speed, & long wear life
- 3-layer construction & honeycomb sidewall add puncture resistance
- Tubeless-ready for the reassurance of a self-sealing system
- Designed in Germany using Continental's extensive tire expertise