Why We Like The Grand Sport Race Tires
Continental's Grand Sport Race Tires are a study in balance. Their NyTech breaker mimics KEVLAR's resistance to punctures but with a weight and rolling resistance that stay closer to the low levels we expect from racing tires. The Pure Grip Compound in their tread strikes a similar compromise, straddling the intersection of training durability, racing grip, and a price point that lets you run the tire for both applications without guilt. These features, combined with a 180 TPI casing, bring the Grand Sport Races to within 25 claimed grams per tire of the Peloton favorite Conti 4000 S II while nearly cutting the price in half.
- Versatile road tire for responsive handling and secure grip
- PureGrip compound enhances lasting performance and durability
- NyTech puncture protection lowers resistance and reduces weight
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality
- Item #CON002Y
- Pure Grip
- 700c x 23mm, 700c x 25mm, 700c x 28mm, 700c x 32mm
- NyTech Breaker
- [23mm] 110 - 120 PSI, [25mm] 95 - 120 PSI, [28mm] 80 - 115 PSI, [32mm] 65 - 102 PSI
- Claimed Weight
- [23mm] 8.1oz (230g), [25mm] 8.8oz (250g), [28mm] 9.5oz (270g), [32mm] 12.3oz (350g)
- Recommended Use
- road race, training
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help