Ruler of the land.
One of the best parts of your day is always the hour or two you manage to sneak away from your fortified castle on the hill with your modern-day carriage, mixing with the peasantry to tear up their woodland trails on the Continental Der Baron Projekt Tire. You get your best thinking done when you're barreling through mist-shrouded tree tunnels and around misleading switchbacks in the dim light of morning, focused only on the line in front of you. Of course, you choose only to ride with equipment befitting the status your blue blood affords you, and we can think of no other tire that displays both sophistication and bombproof performance worthy of royalty the way the Der Baron Projekt 29in Tire does.
Worthy of the crown in both name and design, the Der Baron Projekt lords it over the trails with cool confidence, decisive in its path with a focus on speed courtesy of its fast-rolling, multi-compound BlackChili composition. This multi-layer rubber compound maintains speed on tacky trails while providing enough grip that you can feel the ground underneath you, and it was designed to wear slowly and perform consistently throughout its lifespan. The carcass comprises several luxuriously high-TPI layers, including four plies of 240 TPI under the well-spaced, knobby tread and three plies of 180 TPI in the sidewall. The Protection Apex layer promises to loyally guard against punctures as you blast down loose, debris-filled lines, even while running lower tire pressures to gain grip and compliance on the trail.
- Grippy, confidence-inspiring tire for all-mountain shredding
- Excels in trail conditions from loose to wet and mud-caked
- Four plies of 240 TPI under well-spaced, knobby tread
- Protection Apex layer guards against punctures and slits
- BlackChili compound for grip and low rolling resistance
- Tubeless-ready for gaining compliance and traction
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality