Why We Like The Surface Voyager Frame
The Surface Voyager Frame is an updated frame built around the idea that we should be constantly traveling and exploring. It's designed to be paired with a 130 - 150mm travel fork, and according to Chromag, should be thought of as an aggressive adventure model. Whether we're swerving on singletrack on the backside of the mountain pass we just trudged up or riding familiar trails, this frame takes us where we want to go, and further.
Like almost all other Chromag frames, the Surface Voyager is made from 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for toughness and a high strength-to-weight ratio. Chromoly is stronger than traditional 1020 steel, and it can withstand the abuse that riders put their bikes through daily. This frame is a trail bike through and through, and it features a plethora of gear mounts for loading up our bike with everything we need for our next bikepacking adventure.
- A burly hardtail built for rigorous adventure rides
- Injection-molded chainstay protector keeps noise low
- Sliding dropout system makes running single speed easy
- 4130 Chromoly steel maintains a high strength-to-weight ratio
- Boost axle spacing with rear axle, hanger, and modular dropouts included
- Wheel size fit for joining the 29er club