Why We Like The Cervelo Soloist 105 Di2 Road Bike
When Cervelo decided they wanted to revive the Soloist, they wanted to design it around the perfect balance of light weight and aerodynamic performance that the week-in, week-out amateur racer needs. Taking geometry hints from the R5, the Soloist handles like a champ on the most technical of courses we face. Featuring Cervelo’s World-Tour tested carbon layup, the new Soloist is not only extremely light, but it will also hold up to the abuse of a full season of racing and training. A new internal cable routing system that threads the cables under the stem not only creates a clean, aerodynamic cockpit, it also eliminates the need for bleeding the brakes if you need to make a stem swap. The full-carbon fork and rear triangle also accommodate up to 34mm tires so we don’t have to fret about tire choice when a course has more potholes than we’d like.
Sporting the new 12-speed Shimano 105 Di2 groupset, the Cervelo Soloist 105 Di2 build provides fast, precise, and reliable shifting in a wallet-friendly package. The pairing of a 50/34t crankset up front and an 11-34t cassette out back provide a gear range that inspires us to tackle that next uphill sprint with confidence. Ever reliable Fulcrum Racing 600 DB wheels and 28mm Vittoria Rubino Pro TLR G keep us grounded and ensure that our race at least feels smooth even when the roads are rough.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Carbon race bike built for day in, day out amateur racing and training
- Balance between lightweight and aerodynamics is just right
- New 105 Di2 shifting is affordable, smooth, and lightning fast
- Hydraulic brakes let us stop on a dime in hairy situations
- Room for up to 34mm tires allows for grip on any surface
- Model X SuperFlow saddle keeps us comfortable on long rides
- Designed for easy maintenance by the home mechanic
- Internal cable routing goes under the stem creating a clean, aero cockpit
- Item #CVL1WXU