P-Series Disc Road Frameset
The P3 is widely recognized as Cervelo's workhorse time trial and triathlon bike, having seen success at everything from regional events to the Ironman World Championships. But considering that this legendary steed was last updated in 2013, it was certainly a bit overdue for an upgrade. Using technology trickled down from their flagship P5, Cervelo brings us the all-new P-Series disc frameset. Offering the same level of performance as the P5 but at a significantly better value, the P-Series is a race-ready bike for the masses. It's lighter, stiffer, and more aerodynamic than the P3, and comes equipped with integrated storage and hydration right out of the box, making it an ideal companion for riders looking to shave time off their cycling segments, or those looking to dominate time trials at their local race series.
The new P-Series leverages everything Cervelo learned during the development of the P5, bringing us a platform that is not only stiffer and lighter than its predecessor the P3, but also has reduced aerodynamic drag. Front end and torsional stiffness is increased by 30%, and bottom bracket stiffness is increased by 18%, both of which lead to better handling and faster accelerations when you're sprinting across the tarmac. Despite being incredibly stiff, Cervelo has engineered just the right amount of compliance into just the right areas to ensure a comfortable ride when you're riding long distances. The new carbon frame is 8% lighter than the P3, and aerodynamic drag is decreased by 26-grams bare and 18-grams when fully loaded with hydration and snacks. The bike is equipped with disc brakes with 160mm rotors, and now has room for up to 28mm wide tires.
The P-Series retains the user-friendliness of the P3, including the non-proprietary cockpit that makes it easy to find your ideal fit by allowing you to swap in an aftermarket handlebar and stem, if desired. This also means that you can find spare parts at a local bike shop if you're in a pinch, rather than waiting on a special order from Cervelo. Each P-Series bike comes standard with a bento box for storing snacks and tools, an aerodynamic water bottle mounted inside the main triangle, and a rear hydration mount, meaning it's basically race-ready right out of the box.
- Cut seconds off your race times with Cervelo's new TT and tri bike
- Modeled after Cervelo's flagship TT bike the P5
- New carbon frame is 8% lighter than its predecessor
- Increased stiffness for better handling and quicker accelerations
- Aerodynamic drag is significantly reduced so you can go faster
- Bike now comes with integrated storage and hydration
- Disc brakes for more powerful and consistent stopping power
- Non-proprietary cockpit makes it easy to dial in your fit
- Legal for UCI-sanctioned time trial races
- Geometry is less aggressive than the P5, allowing it to comfortably fit a wider range of riders