BSA SRAM DUB Road
New bottom bracket standards mean new variations on our favorite components. Ceramic Speed’s BSA DUB bottom bracket offers a solution for our BSA-threaded frames to use a SRAM DUB crank interface with friction-defying ceramic bearings.
Compared to steel ball bearings, ceramic bearings resist corrosion and have a harder surface, meaning the bearings won't compress under pressure unlike the relatively softer steel bearings. Corrosion is responsible for that terrible catching feeling in a pedal stroke, when the bearings can no longer roll smoothly past one another. The harder surface of ceramic bearings also contributes to their having a longer lifespan than steel, as they are less prone to developing imperfections on the surface.
CeramicSpeed is able to achieve such high marks because it uses the highest quality Grade 3 Silicon Nitride for its bearings. Don’t be fooled into thinking that all ceramic bottom brackets bearings on the market are the same. CeramicSpeed claims its bearings are 15% harder, can take 99% higher loads, and are more than 100% smoother than other ceramic bearings typically on the market. Included with the bottom bracket are four 1mm spacers and 10mL of Ceramic Speed grease.
- Drop friction by the wayside with silky smooth bearings
- Fits 28.99mm spindle SRAM DUB cranks to BSA-threaded shells
- Ceramic balls are less compressible and resist corrosion better than steel
- Grade 3 Silicon Nitride ceramic bearings offer smoother spinning
- Aluminum with anodized black finish house the ceramic bearings