Item # CST00K9
Castelli Volo Bib Short - Men's $139.95
When you're looking for support to get you to the finish line, Castelli makes a good case for the Volo Bib Shorts. Cast as a top-tier workhorse of race shorts, the Volo Bibs are designed for flying down the road, with Affinity BLC textured fabric that elevates aerodynamics as you push to the front of the peloton.
The Volo Bib Shorts earn the Castelli name by continuing tradition of elite construction, but with a bit more of an affordable price. They combine a light mesh bib that breathes with ease with aerodynamic dimpled fabric through the front and outside of the thighs that help you cut through the air ahead. The inner thigh gives you the added benefits of Affinity Lycra for elevated stretch and rebound, so you can keep a snug fit while maintaining comfort. Flat lock stitching helps prevent chaffing on all-day epics, and clean raw edge hems make for both a smooth aesthetic and a slip-free grip.
Castelli employs the well-loved Kiss Air seat pad in the Volo, for all day comfort on the bike. The Kiss Air meets your skin with seamless brushed microfiber to eliminate chaffing, with just enough flexibility to move with you. It's cut anatomically for pressure reduction in your mist sensitive zones, and support where you need it the most. The multi-density foam tapers from 14-to-4-millimeters in thickness, placing more material where its needed, and omitting it where a streamlined fit is preferred. We'll do just about anything to avoid saddle sores, and while we don't know the science behind it, Castelli claims that the bacteriostatic treatment on the chamois helps fight saddle sores and infections — a bold claim, but if it means a sore-free ride we're eager to put down some miles.
- A workhorse race short for soaring through the peloton
- Affinity textured fabric elevates aerodynamics
- Just enough contouring stretch from Affinity Lycra panels
- Mesh bib allows your skin to breathe while you ride
- Wicking fabrics aid moisture transfer to keep cool
- Avoid chaffing with flat-lock stitching throughout
- Kiss Air seat pad is ideal for all-day comfort
View more Men's Bib Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: large
l'm 5'7" 60years old and in the last 3 years l've gone from 280 lbs to 195lbs. at 60 the skin don't bounce back, l've got skin than hangs like a gut. finding a bib short that fits is not easy. l tried Pearl Izumi P.R.O. escape and pursuit in large and medium. no luck. l tried a couple cheaper suits, no luck. the Castelli Volo is perfect. l have 4 pair, l live in Fla Panhandle and l ride everyday and have no problems at all. l wish l had a biker's bod but that's just not happening