Item # CST00AY
Castelli Velocissimo Short - Men's $109.95
Get top-tier quality in a wallet-friendly package with the Castelli Men’s Velocissimo Shorts. Constructed from soft yet supportive Affinity fabric, these shorts provide just the right amount of compression while moving with you as you turn the pedals for all-day comfort in the saddle.
Castelli’s advanced Kiss Air chamois features dual-density, variable-thickness cushioning and a seamless top layer for a chafe-free, effortlessly comfortable riding experience. Giro3 single layer elastic grippers hold the leg hems in place, and a stretchy Doppio waistband keeps the top hem secure without pinching.
- Workhorse bib short from Castelli equipped for training rides
- Contoured fit from nine-panel fabric construction
- Stretchy synthetic efficiently wicks moisture
- Airy mesh bibs and supportive waistband for comfort
- Kiss Air chamois reduces fatigue with strategic cushioning
View more Men's Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Not quite for me
These fit well overall and the chamois seems like it is very comfy. But one major problem I had with these was the seams in the front just dig into my hip bones so badly. So I ended up returning them before getting any rides in.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Large
Love these shorts. They are comfortable and look nice. I am 5' 9" and weigh 158 lbs. Normally I wear a medium in bike shorts. The Castelli medium was too small for me. (All of us are built slightly different of course) I have a 31" waist and the Large fits perfectly. The chamois is thick and in all the right areas and the material is great at keeping my privates private and my rear end line a mystery. I like them!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Medium
Construction is high quality and chamois is comfortable. However, the waist is uncomfortably tight when compared with the bib version of the same Velocissimo model in the same size. Returned.
Literally, THE perfect short!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I ventured into the Castelli brand last season (2016) with the Inferno bib shorts and jersey, and wasn't impressed. The shorts seemed to ride up the leg more than I like, resulting in showing more of my thigh which I think looked odd. Instead of trying another pair of bib shorts, I gave these a try and I'm so glad I did! These actually feel far better than the Inferno bib shorts and they grip adequately around the leg and pretty much stay in place. The subtle design elements such as the Castelli logo on the back of each leg and the large Castelli text going around the hem of the right leg also are a hit with me.
I paired these with the Forza jersey in the red/white color scheme and I couldn't be happier with both!