Velocissimo 4 Bib Knicker
The Castelli Velocissimo 4 Bib Knickers are great for chilly fall and spring rides, or the occasional mild winter day when you want some extra coverage for your knees, but don't quite need a full-length bib tight. Sure, a pair of knee warmers would do the trick, but they're simply not as comfortable as a streamlined pair of knickers since you don't have to worry about the tendency knee warmers have to bunch up and shift positions.
These knickers are built from soft, warm, and stretchy Thermoflex fabric, a staple across Castelli's cold-weather line. Thermoflex's brushed lining keeps the cold out and wicks moisture to keep you dry without irritating your skin. The bibs are made from light, breathable mesh, and the updated KISS Air 2 chamois offers long-mile comfort thanks to an improved shape, higher-density foam, and a softer top fabric. The fit is snug and streamlined, and Castelli recommends them for temperatures ranging from 55 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit, though you could certainly find them useful in a wider range of temperatures depending on how hard you plan to ride that day.
- No-nonsense bib knickers for added coverage on cooler days
- Stretchy thermal fabric ensures warmth and freedom of movement
- Brushed lining is soft against the skin, eliminating irritation
- Mesh bib straps are breathable and won't interfere with layering
- Redesigned chamois is more comfortable than previous generations