We've all been there, patching together winter kit and pushing the limits of how deep into the winter we can make our summer shorts work with an aging pair of leg warmers. As fun as it is to take pride in minimalist kit and toughing it out in the elements, riding in the chill is a whole lot more comfortable when you're in a proper pair of winter tights like Castelli's Velocissimo 3 Men's Bib Tights.
The Velocissimos are built from soft, warm, and stretchy Thermoflex fabric, a staple across Castelli's cold-weather line. Thermoflex's brushed lining keeps the cold out and wicks moisture without irritating skin. The bibs are made from light, breathable mesh, and the KISS Air chamois insert affords enough comfort for all your long-mile, base-building needs. The fit is snug and streamlined, making them ideal for early season races over unexpectedly frost-covered roads, with zippered ankles to hold the cuffs snuggly in place.
Castelli recommends these bib tights for use between 45 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit, but you may find them useful in lower temperatures depending on your intended effort levels for the day. The more cold-compatible among us definitely wear them into the low 40s.
- Warm cycling tights for comfort on chilly days
- Stretchy thermal fabric provides warmth and freedom of movement
- Comfortable mesh bib straps facilitate layering
- Reflective accents increase visibility to others
View more Men's Tights & Bib Tights
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
I bought this as a gift for a friend and he seems to like them.
tight straps but fits well.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
When i first put them on the straps seemed very tight. I thought it was going to be an issue and it hasn't been.
Been using them for a few weeks now. I would recommend them again.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
This review based on my first ride with this bib tight. 25 mile ride. I'm 6', 175. The fit is great, bought a medium. From the waist down is a comfortable race fit, however I'm a bit long in the torso so the bib straps are a little tight with the medium but not enough to cause discomfort and actually stretched out a bit during the ride and they will likely stretch a bit more over time. The pad is very comfy, thought it might be a bit tight against my junk because of the tight straps but was totally fine. Will see how it does on longer rides. All in all, am very satisfied with the fit and feel and kept my legs warm, though it wasn't super cold, I didn't over heat either. Though I indicate it runs small I like the tighter fit, so for me it is actually true to size.