Item # CST00DN
Castelli Velocissimo 3 Bib Knickers - Men's $109.95
Stay comfortable on brisk, early fall rides and those rare, almost temperate late-winter afternoons in the Castelli Velocissimo 3 Men's Bib Knickers. Bypassing the annoying shifting and pinching of knee warmers, these knickers keep the chill at bay and offer full freedom of motion so you can focus on the ride without any kit-readjustment distractions.
These knickers are built from soft, warm, and stretchy Thermoflex fabric, a staple across Castelli's cold-weather line. Thermoflex's brushed lining keeps the cold out and wicks moisture without irritating your skin. The bibs are made from light, breathable mesh, and the KISS Air chamois insert affords enough comfort for all your long-mile, base-building needs. The fit is snug and streamlined, making them ideal for cooler races where a bit more coverage is appreciated.
Castelli recommends these knickers for use between 55 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit, but you may find them useful in a wider range of temperatures depending on your planned effort levels for the day.
- Warm knickers for added coverage on chilly days
- Stretchy thermal fabric provides warmth and freedom of movement
- Minimalist mesh bib straps don't hamper layering
- Reflective accents increase visibility to others
View more Men's Knickers
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
First pair of knickers
After years of wondering what was the appeal of knickers, I finally broke down and bought a pair. My wife swears by them, so I decided to try a pair. I wish I had done so sooner. These are really nice! The quality is what I expected for Castelli. I have them in Large for my 68' 170# build. The fit is about the same as the Sorpasso and Veloccisimo full length bib tights. The chamois is their high quality KISS Air pad with a nice thick cushion to provide comfort without chaffing. I wore them on a two consecutive days with the temperature between 45 and 50º F and was quite comfortable in terms of keeping the legs and knees warm. I would recommend trying a pair if you don't own knickers.
+quality but smaller than tights version
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
Got these in the same size as the equivalent Velocissimo 3 Bib tights which I love but these are a tighter fit. Waist and straps feel tighter. Riding the end of the legs would slowly shift up to under my knee instead of staying mid-calf.