Everything You Need, Nothing You Don't.
We've always been told it's better to start off cold rides a little chilly and warm up with the theory being that you don't overheat, become a sweaty mess, and end up freezing. We prefer not to be cold on the bike ever and luckily, Castelli feels the same way. Working with their professional athletes, it created a jacket that is designed to excel in moderate intensity in cooler conditions or higher intensity in cold conditions. The Men's Velocissimo 2 Jacket utilizes Gore Windstopper X-Fast to balance excellent insulation properties, provide protection from the elements, and offer breathability for when we warm up.
Castelli recommends the Velocissimo 2 in temperatures ranging from 43 to 59 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything warmer than 60 is a touch warm with this jacket but if it is overcast and windy, you'll most likely be fine. The front and sleeves are constructed with Gore Windstopper X-Fast fabric and repel water and block wind on your ride while still breathing quite well. Castelli's chose their soft Warmer fabric to build the back of the jacket, adding warmth while still allowing breathability to prevent overheating. The Velocissimo's form-fitting silhouette accommodates a baselayer and feels more like a long-sleeve jersey than a jacket. As we have come to expect with most of Castelli's clothing the fit is engineered for use in a riding position and the fit off the bike will feel slightly awkward.
One of our favorite features is the flip-up Thermoflex collar. When pedaling into a headwind or descending it is great flipped up and while climbing or doing intervals it can be turned down for less coverage. Silicone gripper at the waist keep the garment from riding up and the stretchy Thermoflex side panels add additional breathability and ease of movement. Rear reflective tabs keep you visible in low-light conditions and three rear pocket provides storage for base ride calories and some money for a coffee stop.
- A jacket perfect bluebird days
- Form-fitting cut is more jersey and less jacket
- Wind- and water-resistant front with breathable back
- Stretchy side panels breathe and allow excellent movement
- Flip-up collar provides further protection from the wind
- Jacket is ideal for temps in the 40s and low-50s
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.