Cool weather rides take some planning, and for some that means bringing along extra gear, like arm and leg warmers. We prefer to keep things a little more simple, rocking single pieces of kit that fit the bill for a variety of conditions, like the Castelli Velocissima Knickers. These knickers are built to trap in heat, thanks to their Thermoflex fleece construction, but fall at a perfect mid-calf length, so you can still keep cool enough when the temperatures rise up a bit. Up top Castelli employs a SoftFit double-layer waistband for a comfortable fit that stays in place without the dreaded sausage-casing effect.
For extra comfort on the long haul, Castelli employs its KISS Air2 Donna chamois that absorbs harsh vibrations with multi-density foam. Dense foam is placed at the thickest point of the pad under the Ischial bones to cushion them from the road, a tapered slightly to relieve pressure at the perineum. The KISS Air2 Donna uses Castelli's softest ever face fabric, giving your skin a gentle touch while you ride, reducing potential for irritation or chaffing.
- Take on all of the in-between weather with Castelli knickers
- Thermoflex fleece lines the inside to trap in warmth
- Breathable fabric throughout leg wicks away perspiration
- KISS Air2 Donna chamois cushions sit bones with multi-density foam
- Colorful options at cuff boost you style on the bike
- Zipper at ankle makes for easy on-and-off