An Age of Transition.
We are always on the quest to find the perfect jacket. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where the winters are pretty mild or need a jacket that is perfect for most fall conditions, have a look at Castelli's Transition Jacket. This jacket is the brand's lightest-weight winter jacket and is rated for temperatures between 46 to 61 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of Castelli's jackets have a fleece lining but the Transition uses a lightly brushed finish that helps it wick away moisture better. Autumnal winds can still bring chill, especially if you are just a little bit sweaty. Castelli knows this and constructs the front and sleeves of the jacket with the lightweight Gore Windstopper X-Mid fabric adding protection from the wind without sacrificing breathability. The Warmer fabric on the rear ensures that you won't overheat. Adding a proper base layer can take this jersey into sub-40 degree territory.
We enjoy the light weight design and the reduced bulk allows the garment to adapt to all of our movements on the bike. The industry's gold-standard, YKK zippers work so well we were able to zip up and down one-handed while riding to regulate temps. Three rear pockets hold a lot of gear which is great because with the temps this jacket is designed for, we like to ride to make all-day ride plans. If we get back just a little too late, the reflective details on the back help us remain visible to motorists in low-light.
- Castelli's lightest winter jacket
- Gore Windstopper X-Mid front and sleeves block wind yet breathe
- Warmer fabric on back prevents overheating
- Three rear pockets house food, money, ID, and gear
- Reflective details help you stay visible
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.