Most of us won't ever get within throwing distance of Sky's watts, but what we can do is kit up in the same top-quality Team Sky Sanremo 3.2 Speed Suit that Castelli provides to the World Tour's top professionals. Blending the comfort and aerodynamics of a speed suit with the long-mile functionality of traditional kit separates, the Sanremo 3.2's utility extends to nearly any type of ride.
The top half of this dynamic duo is a jersey that mirror the venerable Aero Race 5.1, which is constructed using Castelli's polyester Velocity Dry fabric and featuring a tightly-woven construction to usher airflow over your body as you ride. As its name suggests, it also expertly manages moisture and creates a contoured, anatomic fit. Three rear pockets—something of an anomaly in the speedsuit world—provide valuable space for carrying spare tubes, a handful of snacks, and other ride necessities.
The bottom half of the suit is Castelli's popular Free Aero Race Short, which is designed for aerodynamic racing and comfort during long, back-to-back rides. Castelli starts with a blend of breathable, moisture-wicking materials when constructing the shorts, using its proprietary Forza fabric to achieve a contoured fit across the thigh panels of the shorts that will maintain gentle compression throughout hours spent pedaling in and out of the saddle. Dimpled Vortex fabric complements Forza to facilitate efficient aerodynamics on the wind-exposed areas of the shorts along the outer legs and lower back. The large leg cuffs are Giro Air, which is more mesh than elastic and allows for the same secure grip as elastic but with smoother, more evenly-distributed pressure on the skin.
Castelli lines the suit with its top-of-the-line Progetto X2 Air chamois, featuring a luxuriously soft arrangement of multi-density foam strategically placed to provide support on 100 mile road races or 60 minute crits alike without inhibiting your movement in the saddle. A four-way stretch outer layer with an anti-odor treatment and soft, micro-denier surface blends the chamois in with the rest of the shorts for a smooth, unified fit.
- Channel your inner pro in this proven road racing design
- Next-to-skin fit optimized for your in-saddle body position
- Supple Progetto X2 Air chamois provides hours of support
- Reflective strips improve visibility on the roads
- Rear pockets stash fuel for long training rides
- Full-length top zip eases getting into and out of the suit
View more Men's Skinsuits
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
fit and comfort
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: xxl
My problem is my chest is 2xl. my waist is a M and my hips are an XL, the 2xl suit was on sale. walking its a touch loose, meaning drops down, on my me. out on a decent ride, meaning 40-70 + miles. comfort is amazing. the too big feeling is gone and nothing but comfort. The Castelli bib shorts in L & XL are usually a touch short in the shoulder strap length but the one piece in the xxl is the magic size for me. their Progretto x2 Chamois, the best. highly recommend