Race season has returned at last. After a winter spent digging for news, gossip, and the occasional photos of warm-weather training sessions, you can finally start watching Froomey and Co. do what they do best again. This year, celebrate the 2017 partnership of Castelli and Sky by logging your own training miles in the Team Sky Free Aero Race Bib Shorts.
As the only team in the peloton wearing scorpion logos, Sky now enjoys exclusive access to the brand's venerable designs. Blending elements of Italian and British heritage, the team kits have made their introduction bursting with soon-to-be iconic stripes and Castelli's ever-present attention to detail. Built on the platform of the classic Free Aero design, the Team Sky Race Bib features a pleasing arrangement of stripes that at first glance, looks to be purely about style. Of course, they also carry meaning. Each stripe represents a victory in a major race by members of Sky, with the length of each line representative of the length of each race won. Color matters as well; while blue lines represent World Tour wins, white lines represent races off the big stage.
While you pedal towards your own personal victories, you'll enjoy the same 38% Lycra construction in the short's body and airy, barely there Giro mesh leg grippers as the pros. With Castelli's legendary race fit, the short will support your muscles and stay settled cleanly in place without shifting, moving, or otherwise bothering you as you get out and pursue your own cycling goals.
- Ride like a member of Sky in this team bib short
- Form-fitting silhouette tailored to a riding position
- Dimpled Vortex fabric on outer legs helps reduce drag
- Supportive Forza fabric employs Lycra to stabilize muscles
- Progetto X2 Air chamois lends streamlined cushion and comfort
- Clean, breathable bib design disappears underneath a jersey
- Airy, supple leg grippers stay in-place without pinching
- Reflective accents help you stand out to motorists
View more Men's Bib Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.