Onward and upward.
While you wait patiently to observe how well new Sky additions Elissonde and Rosa prove their worth in the mountains of the Tour this summer, gain a little inspiration by doing your own hill repeats in the Castelli Team Sky Climber's 2.0 Jersey. The same design as the one Sky will train and wear in the mountains all season, the Climber's 2.0 is suited particularly well to the towering alpine climbs and sweltering July temperatures that define the Tour itself.
Featuring Flusso 3D mesh along the front panel of the jersey, the Climber's 2.0 is a piece you may still find yourself reaching for on days so hot you rule out serious climbing entirely. The airy, 3D mesh manages to be ultralight but impressively strong, capable of handling daily wear during heat waves when it's the only jersey you can imagine wearing.
Of course, it should come as no surprise that Castelli also subjects its climbing jersey to wind tunnel testing. Compared to the brand's cornerstone Aero Race 5.1 Jersey, the Climber's 2.0 was only 2 watts slower in the test, which makes sense, considering the two are built on the same skillfully tailored platform. Whether single watts matter to you or not, you can't argue with a jersey that won't drag you down on gusty, exposed mountaintops or humid local hills, and neither can the pros.
- Float over mountains in this featherweight climbing jersey
- Contoured fit limits drag as much as possible
- Airy Flusso 3D mesh allows for generous airflow on hot days
- Strada Pro 3D back lends structural support to pockets
- Barely there raw-edge arm cuffs won't bunch or pinch
- 3 rear pockets won't sag when full of ride fuel
- Light sun protection fends off harmful rays
- Built on the legendary platform of the Aero Race 5.1
View more Men's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.