Item # CST00GX
Castelli Superleggera Jacket - Men's $99.95
Tailored to your ride.
When a column of brooding clouds threatens your Saturday morning ride, you can't just reach for any old rain jacket "just in case." Whether you've learned from experience or not, we can assure you that the qualities that make a good general use rain jacket are not the same as those that matter on the bike. Rather than spending your ride clammy and overheating under a stiff, unyielding shell, reach for the Castelli Superleggera Jacket the next time the skies make you uneasy.
Unlike that rain shell in your closet, the Superleggera easily packs away into a small saddle pack if stormy clouds blow over and the sun comes back out, but its wind- and water-resistant fabric are up to the task of staving off bad weather while maintaining breathability. Castelli wisely adds a completely waterproof panel of fabric at the back of the jacket as well, which won't soak through when you're dealing with wheel spray and wet roads for miles on end.
- An ultralight jacket to keep you riding on wet, windy days
- Form-fitting cut fits over a jersey or baselayer
- Waterproof Stretch Torrent back panel seals out wheel spray
- Pertex Quantum main fabric repels water and blocks wind
- Multiple reflective accents help you stay visible from all angles
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Great summer-weight rain kit.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought: Large
I've worn this on a couple of rainy rides; low 60s; intermittent sprinkles. The jacket was great. I could see the water rolling off of it as I motored along. I didn't overheat and the inside of the jacket stayed dry. What a difference vs. those clear PVC numbers. It was somewhat chilly, though, so I'm not sure about possible 'terrarium effect' on hotter days. No venting makes me wonder a bit about that. Otherwise: impossibly light; good rearward coverage (with thicker material on lower quarter of back); usual impeccable Castelli quality/design. Size chart is dead-on; large fit perfectly.
nice, lightweight, packable, too short
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
went up a size to XL and still too short.