Item # CST00JJ
Castelli Sorpasso 2 Bib Tight - Women's $179.95
Surpassing the unsurpassable.
Marrying warmth and versatility into one magical bib tight, Castelli puts its best foot forward this year with the new Sorpasso 2 Bib Tights for women, so you can commit to keeping your wheels on the pavement when things get wintry. A redesigned masterpiece with design rooted in Castelli's previously known and loved Sorpasso, the Sorpasso 2 features much of the technology we know we can count on, but with tweaks here and there to offer improved comfort and prolonged warmth in the saddle.
The Sorpasso 2 bib tights are stitched together from panels of Castelli's Thermoflex Core2 fabric, which is warm and compressive, and Thermoflex fabric, which lends itself to a higher level of stretch. That combination lands the Sorpasso 2 at the intersection of stretch and support. Thermoflex 2 has a nylon outer layer with a hollow-core polyester inner layer that traps heat within to maintain warmth and insulation. Both materials work together for maximum moisture management, pulling perspiration away from your skin to dry quickly so you can stay comfortable and warm. With exceptional moisture wicking paired with hollow core construction, Castelli recommends the Sorpasso 2 for cool-to-cold rides from 41 to 53 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Sorpasso sees a few changes to the strategic panels that made up previous years' model, with the most notable change occurring on the back. Increasing support, a lumbar band improves the fit and comfort in the saddle for increased support when you're grinding out long and brutal winter base miles.
Smooth, seamless straps wrap over your shoulders comfortably, and their wide construction distributes pressure for a nearly unnoticeable fit under your jersey. Because the straps omit seams, they reduce chaffing, even on long, static rides associated with winter training. Your sit bones would thank you if they could for the luxurious, women-specific Progetto X2 Air chamois. With seamless fabric against your sensitive skin and exceptional moisture transfer that allows for airflow, the X2 Air helps you feel fresh and comfortable. Underneath the chamois' 4-way stretch fabric, you'll feel multi-density padding with variable thickness and perforated comfort inserts to seal the deal with support where it's needed and breathability to boot.
- Winter can be a hammerfest, too, with warm bib tights
- Stretch and support combine with Thermoflex Core2 blend fabric
- Hollow-core polyester insulates and pulls away moisture
- Nylon shell keeps out the elements and resists wear
- Seamless shoulder straps reduce chaffing
- X2 Air chamois supports your sit bones for maximum comfort
- Recommended in temperatures from 41-53 degrees Fahrenheit
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Women's Tights & Bib Tights
- Note: Castelli has a "Euro" slimmer fit. We suggest ordering at least one size larger than your normal US size.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
This bib has a top of the line chamois, which is why I chose it. It's so thick it felt a little awkward at first but I've grown to like the padding. it does sometimes give me a chamois wedgie on hills. I'm a size 12 in pants and 5' 9", and the XL feels a bit too small & short over the course of a ride, which is a bummer. Hard to believe I'm the biggest size they fit cause I'm not that big. I have small ankles, but the ankles in this bib are too small to zip all the way too so i have to keep them slightly unzipped. One zipper routinely cuts the back of my ankle over the course of long rides - it's just not a good design for me. I still wear it, but it leaves a bit to be desired. First bib from this brand, and I probably won't buy another.