Item # CST00L7
Castelli Premio Short - Women's $199.95
Impeccably tailored for the longest days in the saddle, Castelli's Premio Women's Short are built to elevate comfort with lasting endurance while you push through the miles. We're not shy to say that cycling comes at a balance of vanity and performance, and these shorts seem to tick both boxes with compressive fabrics for support, and clean aesthetics with classic lines that taper to your body while you ride. Featuring high-end materials, the Premio Shorts balance breathability and wicking, and don't skimp where it counts the most by employing a supportive Progetto X2 Air Donna chamois to cushion your sit bones on the longest, most demanding rides.
Delving into the craft, the Premio Shorts combine Forza fabric with a boost of 38% Lycra for a muscle-wrapping hug, and 3D mesh at the lumbar to aid in moisture-transfer. Strategically placed panels not only support your muscles, but also move stitching away from sensitive areas to reduce chaffing, and if that's not enough the seams all crafted to sit flat to eliminate rubbing. We're pretty sure none of us like to feel like we're popping out of a sausage casing when we're kitted out, so Castelli pairs these compressive shorts with raw-edge hems that lend themselves to seamless and clean transitions, plus vertical silicone grippers to keep the hems locked right where you want them, without pinching in. The waist is wide, and a comes up a bit higher than traditionally found in Castelli shorts to add a little extra support, and hold everything in.
And finally, there's luxurious cushion of Castelli's Progetto X2 Air Donna chamois. The top tier Progetto X2 features multi-density foam in a strategic topography that manages to be supportive without making you feel like you're sitting on a pillow, and it's been anatomically shaped to move with you as you pedal and shift in the saddle. It's covered with a soft, micro-denier, four-way stretch, and bacteriostatic layer to facilitate airflow and reduce the likelihood of chafing and irritation. To add the finishing touches you'd expect, Castelli adds reflective tabs to the back of the legs to help you stay visible when your ride takes you from dawn to dim dusk riding.
- Endurance minded shorts with finesse
- Compressive fit wraps around and supports muscles
- High Lycra content gently stretches for comfort
- Progetto X2 Donna chamois offers multi-density support
- Raw-edge leg for a seamless transition and clean look
- Vertical silicone grippers lock hem without pinching
- Reduced seaming elevates comfort and reduces chaffing
- Reflective tabs boost low light visibility for evening rides
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Women's Shorts
- Note: Castelli has a "Euro" slimmer fit. We suggest ordering at least one size larger than your normal US size.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Sized up and still too small
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
I have owned 3 different bottoms from Castelli. Though I usually wear XS in other brands, I always size up to small in Castelli and that's what I ordered in this short. I didn't even try them on as I could tell I'd never get them on. My hips measure 35