Novi Ligure Jersey
The Novi Ligure Jersey from Castelli is based on its Giro 102 Squadra collection and has special graphics to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Fausto Coppi, Il Championissimo. Coppi was born in Castellania which is about 20 kilometers from Novi Ligure, which is where the 11th stage of the 2019 Giro finishes. Fausto won the Giro five times, 1940, 1947, 1949, 1952 and 1953 and the Novi Ligure jersey is styled to reflect a similar top he wore during the highlight of his career.
Of course, this jersey is a bit more technical than the wool of Coppi's day and the Novi Ligure uses a combination of fabrics for an optimal fit, comfort, and quick drying. Its main fabric, Velo Light is lightweight and wicks moisture while the perforated side panels promote breathability. Lastly, the sleeve construction has a raw cut finish for comfort and a modern look.
- Castelli's homage one of Italy's finest cyclist Fausto Coppi
- Stage 11 of the 2019 Giro finishes 20km from Coppi's home of Castellania
- Fabrics are built to breathe, stretch, and dry quickly
- 3 rear pockets haul riding essentials
- Raw cut arm openings improve comfort
- Full-length zipper allows for temperature regulation
- As official jersey supplier to the Giro, Castelli has a deep passion for the race