Nelmezzo Ros Long-Sleeve Jersey
Nelmezzo—Italian for "in the middle," an apt name for this Castelli piece that offers the protection of a thermal jacket, with the lightweight feel and tailored fit of a performance long-sleeve jersey. The Nelmezzo Ros Long-Sleeve Jersey offers considerable protection from wind and precipitation, while working to keep you dry and cool when tough climbs or sprints bring your core temperature up.
The Nelmezzo Ros is made of Castelli's new Nano Flex Xtra Dry fabric, a tightly-knit thermal fabric with a strong enough water-repellency to deter light rain and wet roads. It's warmer than a normal jersey, but lighter and more breathable than a windproof jacket. When hard riding pushes you to the point of perspiration, the fabric actively transfers moisture to the exterior for quick evaporation, preventing you from getting clammy when it's cool while deterring overheating should temps rise. It's a key piece of Castelli's RoS lineup, which stands for Rain or Shine, entailing an apparel lineup that is highly competent in cool weather regardless of wet or dry conditions, attributable to the protective yet breathable nature of the materials.
Castelli finishes the jersey with three rear storage pockets for your riding supplies, and a covered key pocket for car keys or small essentials. Reflective detailing is visible from 360-degrees, providing some additional visibility to other road users during twilight hours or night riding.
- A jersey that's ready for cool weather, wet or dry
- Main fabric repels water & wind while remaining breathable
- Warmer than a normal thermal jersey but lighter than a jacket
- Fabric also wicks moisture to keep you dry in a wide temp range
- Three rear storage pockets plus covered key pocket
- 360-degree reflective detailing for low-light safety
- Castelli blends tradition & innovation in their cool weather cycling gear