Mid Weight Short-Sleeve Jersey
When it comes to cold-weather training, versatility in wardrobe is key, and rather than stocking six different tops for various conditions in all manner of temps, keeping items like Castelli's Mid Weight Jersey on hand means that you'll be able to layer to accommodate everything from early fall to deep winter and into spring. The Mid Weight is, well, mid-weight, which means Castelli recommends it in temperatures ranging from 59 - 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
In our experience, cyclists with warmer engines will be comfortable down into the lower 50s and will be uncomfortable around 70. When it gets colder or wetter, the Mid Weight Jersey transitions to a baselayer, adding warmth behind a vest, rain jacket, or even a Windstopper piece like the Gabba. When paired with something like the Gabba, the Mid Weight effectively becomes the insulation portion of a winter jacket, eliminating the need to drop big money on an insulated, all-weather cycling jacket that you'll only actually need a few times a year.
- A versatile cycling jersey for October to March
- Perfect amount of insulation for cool, not cold, weather
- Race fit layers easily under jackets in rain or sub-50 temps
- Stretch material ensures comfort while maintaining sleek fit
- Extended sleeves and collar add additional warmth
- Deep pockets provide space for warmers and accessories
- Castelli's ambitious designs are proven at cycling's highest level