Item # CST00DQ
Castelli Meno 2 Wind Bib Tight - Men's $149.95
Effective in the extremes.
The Meno 2 Wind Men's Bib Tights push the simple effectiveness of the standard Meno 2 tights to the logical extreme. The Meno 2 Wind model incorporates AirFlex Thermo panels in the front in order to extend the tights' range into the depths of winter. AirFlex Thermo is a windproof, so it sheathes your legs' leading edges in a cold-weather barrier that keeps you protected into the low-30s, depending on your personal cold tolerance.
The rear panels of the tights are also stepped up. Where the standard Meno 2 uses Thermoflex, the Meno 2 Wind Bib Tights use Thermoflex Core2, a more robust material that better insulates. The trade-off of the heavier materials manifests as additional grams, but the added weight is perfectly acceptable on days so cold that, without it, we'd be consigned to the trainer.
The Meno 2 Wind Bib Tights feature the same four-piece construction and re-oriented seams as the standard model, but the added protection of larger front panels is even more pronounced when those panels are windproof. Flatlock seams join the four panels in an anatomic shape to decrease restriction, while the mesh bib straps provide lightweight and breathable support that doesn't interfere with your torso layers. At the ankles, soft jacquard knit grippers form a snug seal while zippers make the Meno 2 Wind as easy to get on and off as the original Meno.
The Meno 2 Wind Bibs are finished a KISS Air chamois, which provides lightweight and flexible protection for rides of all lengths. It's also the same chamois featured throughout much of Castelli's summer kit, so you can worry about ticking off the base miles without breaking in a new chamois.
- Cold-weather cycling tights to keep you off the trainer
- Windproof front panels cut the winter chill
- Extra thermal layering in back for extra cold days
- The same KISS Air chamois as some of Castelli's summer kit
- Ankle zips and reflective details provide functional touches
- Recommended temperature range of 32-46F
- Castelli proves that Italians know a thing or two about winter cycling
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Men's Tights & Bib Tights
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
These Are Amazing!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
Okay... I love Castelli gear... I have 3 pairs of their bib tights, including the prior iteration of this model. These are a lot warmer, and yeah... I wear them in low temps... between 10-20F. They feel a bit like a wetsuit, but breathable. They are definitely awesome... and the price is right.
Castelli makes a quality product, but like all of their gear, order a size up from what you might normally wear. I would usually wear medium, but bought these in a large, and they fit fine.
Finally some warm bibs
- Size Bought: medium
I have several pairs of bibs for riding in the cold, but they are really not that warm. These really do block the wind which ads at least 10º F right away. I rode in them on Christmas eve-eve in North East Ohio at around 45º F and all was warm and bright. They are a tight medium, but what piece of medium bike clothing isn't tight? I wholeheartedly recommend these bibs.