Effective in the extremes.
The Meno 2 Wind Men's Bib Tights push the simple effectiveness of the standard Meno 2 tights to the logical extreme. The Meno 2 Wind model incorporates AirFlex Thermo panels in the front in order to extend the tights' range into the depths of winter. AirFlex Thermo is a windproof, so it sheathes your legs' leading edges in a cold-weather barrier that keeps you protected into the low-30s, depending on your personal cold tolerance.
The rear panels of the tights are also stepped up. Where the standard Meno 2 uses Thermoflex, the Meno 2 Wind Bib Tights use Thermoflex Core2, a more robust material that better insulates. The trade-off of the heavier materials manifests as additional grams, but the added weight is perfectly acceptable on days so cold that, without it, we'd be consigned to the trainer.
The Meno 2 Wind Bib Tights feature the same four-piece construction and re-oriented seams as the standard model, but the added protection of larger front panels is even more pronounced when those panels are windproof. Flatlock seams join the four panels in an anatomic shape to decrease restriction, while the mesh bib straps provide lightweight and breathable support that doesn't interfere with your torso layers. At the ankles, soft jacquard knit grippers form a snug seal while zippers make the Meno 2 Wind as easy to get on and off as the original Meno.
The Meno 2 Wind Bibs are finished a KISS Air chamois, which provides lightweight and flexible protection for rides of all lengths. It's also the same chamois featured throughout much of Castelli's summer kit, so you can worry about ticking off the base miles without breaking in a new chamois.
- Cold-weather cycling tights to keep you off the trainer
- Windproof front panels cut the winter chill
- Extra thermal layering in back for extra cold days
- The same KISS Air chamois as some of Castelli's summer kit
- Ankle zips and reflective details provide functional touches
- Recommended temperature range of 32-46F
- Castelli proves that Italians know a thing or two about winter cycling
View more Men's Tights & Bib Tights
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.