Item # CST00L4
Castelli Idro 2 Jacket - Men's $299.95
Mighty protection in a minimalist package.
Back for its second generation, the Castelli Men's Idro 2 Jacket retains the legendary waterproof protection and outstanding breathability of Gore-Tex's Shakedry membrane, but it's lighter than ever and features a subtle redesign in graphics along the backside. The Idro 2 Jacket builds on the successor's ultra-lightweight, highly compact shell by shaving approximately 16 grams from its design and taking up only half the space of a rear jersey pocket when it's folded inside.
Besides being lighter than an afternoon snack at a mere 107 grams, the Idro 2 Jacket retains the Gore-Tex Shakedry membrane, which places the waterproof, breathable membrane on the outside of the jacket, thereby preventing the chance of it wetting out when it's subjected to hours of heavy rain. And because Shakedry is one of the most breathable constructions in Gore-Tex's line, you'll enjoy won't feel like you're wearing a sweaty garbage bag, especially on long climbs where overheating is commonplace. It's rounded out with a waterproof YKK Vislon zipper, plus reflective highlights that pop on those dreary days with rain and ominous clouds.
- Ultra-lightweight, highly compact rain shell
- Sits close to body with dropped rear for protection
- Takes up only half a jersey pocket when folded inside
- Gore-Tex Shakedry won't wet out like traditional jackets
- Shakedry membrane is reliably waterproof, highly breathable
- YKK Vislon waterproof zipper won't allow water to leak in
- Reflective rear elements pop when visibility is limited
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Awesome jacket !
OK so the price tag is high BUT took this jacket out in a downpour ride last Saturday afternoon. Was on the bike for three hours and was bone dry on the inside. Not even a drop from sweat! Typical Castelli it runs small but once you know your size it a consistent fit. Iâm 5â10, 180 lbs and wear and XL. Itâs a great piece of kit and folds down to smaller bunch than my vest.