#Giro102 Nero Race Jersey
Castelli is back again as the official jersey supplier for the 2019 Giro, and the #Giro102 Nero Race Jersey is identical to those that will be worn by the leaders of the Giro's classifications. And while the Nero jersey isn't an actual category in the race anymore, it is an homage to a time when the race did award a jersey to a hotly contested battle of the last place rider still in the race. The sport has seen a lot of changes since the Maglia Nera was last awarded over 68 years ago, however, the beauty and majesty are as alive and well as ever and we for one can't wait for 3 good weeks of bike racing in May.
This jersey is essentially its Aero Race 6.0 jersey, a top that knows a thing or two about fit and materials needed to win a Grand Tour. It's lightweight and aerodynamic, with strategically placed seams that follow your body while in the saddle for a perfect fit. It uses Giro Aero fabric on the front, engineered to Castelli's specifications by SITIP, to minimize drag, while breathable Giro Infinito fabric at the back and mesh side panels improve ventilation.
The arm openings are laser cut for maximum comfort and aerodynamics and the drop pockets out back provide just the right amount of comfort and a perfect race fit that’s held in place with a mesh silicone elastic waistband.
Our favorite details have to be the Giro accents throughout including the golden pull zipper that's a mini version of the Giro trophy, the Trofeo Infinito, which is also displayed on the jersey's chest. Final special edition accents include the jacquard woven Prodotto Ufficiale label and the woven 102 label at the back of the neck.
- Castelli's jersey that celebrates the 102nd Giro
- As the official jersey supplier, its identical to the leaders' jerseys
- The Nero jersey was once awarded to the last place finishing rider
- Materials maximize aerodynamics and breathability
- Extended, raw-cut sleeves add coverage and style
- Castelli drop rear pockets haul ride essentials
- Giro themed details throughout make this jersey special
- Castelli is proud to be Italian and loves the Giro