The most versatile piece in your wardrobe.
Making the commitment to train through the winter can be tough. Depending on where you live, just trying to ride through late fall can be enough to make you abandon the idea of winter riding — and then there's the issue of investing in a new winter wardrobe. If you're going to put your faith in one winter piece this year, make it Castelli's Short-Sleeve Gabba Jersey. Designed with Castelli's sleek, minimalist aesthetic, it's as comfortable in sleet and snow as it is on a freezing sunny day. New this year, the short sleeves now allow women to have the protection of the Gabba with the option of customizing their layering system depending on the weather.
Castelli constructs the Gabba Short-Sleeve with its Windstopper X-Lite Plus fabric, which repels rain, sleet, and snow while shielding you from icy wind gusts and staying contoured to your body — so you won't feel like you're wearing a ski jacket. Nano Flex fabric panels under the arms promote breathability and wick moisture for temperature control, and the extended back of the jersey provides you with additional coverage so you don't end up shivering in a soaked chamois after miles of wheel spray. You'll be able to store nutrition and ride essentials in the three rear pockets, and the full-length zipper has an included wind flap to keep cold air from sneaking in.
In terms of fit, expect forward-oriented sleeves and an abbreviated fit in the chest compared to similar offerings from other manufacturers. This makes the Gabba feel a little tight across the chest while you're standing, but your body fills it out perfectly while stretched out on the bike. It sits close to your chest and stomach instead of hanging down, and the more forgiving stretch of Windstopper X-Lite means that it moves with you rather than restricting you. The women's Gabba also features a slimmer waist with slightly more flair at the hip. Reflective accents keep you visible in low-light conditions and the silicone gripper on the waistband helps ensure the jersey will stay in place without the need for constant tugging.
- A foul-weather jersey with an aerodynamic racing fit
- Windproof, breathable Gore Windstopper X-Lite membrane
- DWR treatment keeps drizzle and road spray at bay
- Storm-flap hem protects against wheel spray
- Zippered vents for ventilation during hard efforts
- Mesh inserts drain the three rear pockets
- Reflective accents help maintain visibility in dim lighting
- Castelli has become the leader in inclement-weather race wear
View more Women's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
Castelli Sizing Chart
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Please can yo clarify if this is the original Gabba or the Gabba2 version. Thanks!
This is the first version of the women's Gabba but it's the same as the men's Gabba 2. There was no women's version when the original men's Gabba was introduced.