Item # CST00M8
Castelli Free Tri Short - Men's $99.95
Not a one-trick pony.
Designing shorts for triathlons can be a daunting task if you don’t know what you're doing. Luckily, Castelli has loads of experience here and when designing the Men's Free Tri Short, it carefully considered all three disciplines. It's crafted to help you excel in the discipline you're currently in, while not presenting any detriments while transitioning into the next leg.
The Free Tri Shorts are constructed with Castelli's hydrophobic Instadry Speed fabric. This material helps you glide through the water with minimal absorption that can add weight and the possibility of a rash later on. The next-to-skin anatomic fit offers great support for hard-working muscles and is streamlined, for better aerodynamics, encouraging a fast bike split.
Castelli's triathlon-specific Kiss Tri chamois and its multi-density foam handles the cushioning duties and is optimized to work most effectively while you're in an aerodynamic position on the bike. The insert is carefully cut to remove any bulk that might interfere with the run and swim portions of your race, as well as absorbing less water.
The panels are joined with flatlock stitching that lies flat against your skin preventing chafing and irritation at any point of your race, be it a sprint or a full-distance. Castelli's Giro Air elastic gripper system holds the Free Tri shorts perfectly in place and SnapLock fasteners on the rear of the shorts work in conjunction with Castelli tops, at the lower back, to prevent the uppers from riding up during the swim or bike.
- Tri-specific shorts from the cycling clothing masters
- Quick-drying materials improve comfort from swim to bike
- 2 hip pockets stow nutrition for the run
- Kiss Tri chamois is designed for comfort in the aero position but reduces bulk for swim and run
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Men's Tri Bottoms
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I love these and the top. I haven't found a Tri suit that will fit me. I'm a Large up top and a Medium shorts (make jokes, ha). So I got the Large top and Medium in these and Boom - Tri suit.
Couple of things - 1. They don't have a drawstring, which was not a problem, 2. the pockets are on the front of your hips, not a problem, just seemed kind of odd.
I'd buy them again.
Great Cycle-Tri shorts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
XL - 5'11'' 210lbs... fairly thick legs... fit perfect. Great elasticity around the thighs & mid-section... I wore last weekend on an Olympic Tri (under the wetsuit - then the ride) they performed perfectly. Might want a bit thicker pad for 100+ miles... 50-60 these work well.