Item # CST00M4
Castelli Free Tri ITU Suit - Men's $199.95
Ready to race.
Castelli demonstrates its commitment to the sport of triathlon with its Men's Free Tri ITU Suit. Using no less than six different materials in its construction, this suit is compliant with the ITU rules and naturally handles those distances as well as 70.3 or full distance events well with features designed to help you perform at your best in the three different events you'll face back-to-back-to-back.
The Instadry Speed fabric used for the construction of the shorts goes to work as soon as you hit the swim. The hydrophobic material repels water so very little is absorbed, helping you stay buoyant and reducing drag during the swim. Once on the bike and out on the run, it transports moisture to the surface for quick evaporation, keeping you cool and dry.
With Castelli's expertise as a cycling clothing manufacturer, naturally, the Free Tri ITU Suit is poised to excel during the bike leg. It uses its Velocity material on the back that's wind-tunnel tested to shave time off your ride no matter if you're going solo or if it’s a draft legal event. Further aerodynamic gains come courtesy of the ergonomic cut and elastic properties of the materials that fit like second skin. Soft-finish armholes reduce chafing during swimming and running motions and never impede your reach to the aero bars.
This suit forgoes the usual three rear pocket arrangement and instead incorporates two pockets on the hip that eliminates the open-to-the-wind, parachute construction of open-topped rear pockets. Flatlock stitching is used throughout, to cut down on friction and chafing, and the ITU-compliant rear zipper makes for a comfortable fit with easy entry and exit courtesy of its lanyard.
The final concession it makes to its multisport demeanor comes by way of the Kiss Tri chamois. It eliminates any excess material for a minimal insert that blurs the line of features needed during all three legs covering a triathlon. It maintains the support you need on the bike, especially in the aero position, while its soft outer layer and minimal bulk all but disappear during the swim and the run. Its low volume and high ventilation also make it the fastest drying chamois in Castelli's line, so you'll can focus on other matters once you're out of the water.
- An ITU-compliant triathlon speedsuit
- Instadry Speed lowers resist water absorption
- Velocity mesh back panel improves aerodynamics
- Rear zipper hides out of the wind
- Chamois balances support on the bike with minimal bulk for the run
- Soft-finish armholes reduce chafing
- Unobtrusive hip pocket carry gels and other small nutrition packets
[upper front] SpeedFreak, [upper back] Velocity mesh, [shorts] Instadry Speed, [pockets] FreeAero 2, [leg grippers] Giro Air elastic
View more Men's Tri Suits
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.