Item # CST00II
Castelli Emergency Rain Jacket - Men's $129.95
Just in Case.
Castelli knows a thing about wet weather riding. Perhaps that’s why you’ll see many riders in the professional peloton wearing non-team-issue Castelli Gabba jackets during the spring classics. It is a piece of material that does such a wonderful job of keeping riders dry, yet breathes so well, many top class athletes will eschew their standard team-issue kit and reach for the Gabba. For rides when we don’t need a full blown rain jacket or are about to head out on a ride under ominous skies comes the Castelli Emergency Rain Jacket.
Castelli’s intimate knowledge of keeping riders dry and comfortable is reflected in this design. While Castelli makes no bones about the fact that the breathability is not quite up there with their other jackets, they are also quick to point out that it’s not built to be an all-day rain jacket, rather one made for its namesake. Sometimes training plans might dictate having to go out on a day when the weather is questionable. The jacket can be folded into half a jersey pocket, which is great when you don’t need it, and features like Deluge Light 2.5-layer fabric with 10,000mm waterproof rating and innovative gutters to drain water away from hands and off the back are fantastic when you do. Go ahead and channel your inner Flahute; forgo the weather report and pack the Emergency Rain Jacket.
- Lightweight and packable jacket in case you get caught out
- Waterproof fabric keeps the rain out
- Waterproof zips and seams block moisture entering vulnerable areas
- Good on-the-bike fit keeps you covered and dry
- Masters of the wet weather riding gear, Castelli delivers another winner
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.