Elemento Lite Vest
A lightweight cycling vest adds an incredible amount of versatility to your shoulder season cycling apparel and it'll keep you pedaling in comfort when the temps dip, winds pick up, clouds roll in, or you have extended descents in store. Any old vest won't cut it, however, and there are a few details we require, namely, it has to be extremely light, easily packable, and have enough insulation to keep us warm yet vent well to prevent overheating. We're happy to report that the Elemento Lite Vest from Castelli exceeds our expectations in every category and its one we're taking on rides regularly.
The secret to this vest's stellar performance lies in its 3-layer construction of Japanese-made, air-permeable, woven-textured nylon outer shell with a water-repellent finish. The fabric allows for a small amount of air to enter the vest helping to evaporate sweat, while its polypropylene synthetic down insulation is able to do its job which is keeping your core warm, without absorbing moisture. It's quite unlike a traditional cycling vest and is more akin to a puffy outdoor vest that just so happens to be able to store in a jersey pocket when it's not needed.
Final details include Plissé stretch panels on the sides keeping the vest snug for a close-to-body fit when reaching for the bars, yet allows for full freedom of movement and 2 rear pockets with a reflective gusset at the bottom.
- A lightweight, insulated vest for high-intensity cycling
- The fabric is semi-permeable for breathability during tempo efforts
- Water-repellent finish sheds light precipitation and road spray
- Insulation provides warmth at an impressively low weight
- Stretch panels on the sides ensure freedom of movement on the bike
- Two rear pockets with reflective gusset at the bottom for visibility
- Castelli continues to innovate cycling apparel for the world of inclement weather