Cross is Here.
The smell of embrocation in the air, the ringing of cowbells, and a ribbon of course tape zig-zagging across a muddy field can only mean one thing, cyclocross season. Many cyclists, including the staff at Competitive Cyclist, live for this time of year, and the shear thought of cross season is enough to make our hearts race. For those that are fastidious about a half-psi difference of tire pressure in their handmade tubulars comes the CX Sanremo long-sleeve Speedsuit from Castelli and it understands your passion.
This piece of kit is unapologetically built for cyclocross racing. Castelli selected fabrics designed to keep you warm in cooler conditions and durable enough to withstand repeated mud baths, shouldering the bike, and remounts. This skinsuit is designed to excel in condition ranging from 46-68 degrees Fahrenheit which is right where we find a majority of our racing to happen. If it gets cooler, Castelli recommends donning a base layer, adding to the versatility. The lower portion is based on the Free Aero Race Bibshort and is designed for comfort, muscle support, and aerodynamics, while the upper is built on the Aero Race 5.1 jersey which aids in aerodynamics. We also found the full-length front zipper quite handy for reducing the amount of time in the prerequisite pre-race porta-john visit.
- Speedsuit designed for pinning it for an hour between the tape
- Designed to keep you warm in cool temperatures without overheating
- Durable fabrics, longer sleeves, and a higher collar specific for ‘cross
- Progetto X² chamois for comfort and cushioning the remount
- Open front for nature breaks and ease of entry
View more Men's Skinsuits
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.