Manage that moisture.
As with the short-sleeve version, Castelli's Core Mesh Sleeveless Base Layer incorporates an update to the classic fishnet style design. The older design used the holes of what felt like real fishnet to trap air between the skin and the second layer of clothing.
However, with the new fully open mesh design, it still serves to hold the jersey off of the skin, creating a layer of air between your skin and the jersey to help you maintain a constant body temperature. But besides these thermo-regulating properties, the improvements Castelli brings are several. The mesh is made from a polyester hollow core fiber that is soft to the touch, wicks well, and has great stretch. The shape is called "body wrap" because it is designed to wrap or hug the body so that the gaps are only in the mesh, not between the mesh and the body.
- Open-cell mesh (100% polyester)
- Anatomically contoured fit
View more Women's Sleeveless Base Layers
Castelli Sizing Chart
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Looks silly, works well
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
Seems to really mitigate sweat accumulation, especially on mountain bike rides where the average speed is lower and tree cover impinges on the wind's ability to dry you out.