Item # CST00PT
Castelli Competitive Cyclist Aero Race Bib Short - Men's $200.00
Style and speed.
When it came time to do a new Competitive Cyclist collaborative piece of clothing with one of our apparel vendors, we didn't take the choice of supplier lightly. Castelli always hits the mark regarding fit, technical materials, and all important style points, so naturally, it got the call-up. We're already fans of its bibs so when we learned that we could order some in our own livery, we jumped at the chance. The Men's Competitive Cyclist Aero Race Bib Short is a perfect addition to your wardrobe if you've been a customer for years or you are purchasing your first products from us.
Castelli constructs these bibs with an emphasis on smoothing out the air. With the CC styling cues, you get the addition of looking fast while standing still too. When you do get up to speed, Castelli claims that these shorts require 10 fewer watts to maintain 50 kilometers an hour. That sounds like a win to us and those gains happen in the way the shorts manage airflow across its boundaries and textures. Look closely and you'll notice the Vortex dimples on the surface are much like a golf ball or some deep carbon rims, these dimples manage the turbulent lamina of air that runs along the shorts' surface, preventing its premature release into pockets of drag-inducing dead air.
The shorts also feature the Progetto X2 Air Seat Pad, an office favorite. Its super soft face fabric feels like a luxury every time you put them on. Also present is its anti-microbial properties, seamless construction, four-way stretch, and a ventilating, perforated foam layer. Forza fabric is utilized on the inner legs with its 38% lycra content for a refined fit and optimal compression. Flatlock stitching helps ensure unrestrictive movement and lessens the chance of irritation from friction.
The bibs' Doppio V construction provides support and comfort and the straps are comprised of two materials. They're mesh 3/4 of the way up for breathability while the Carré material cradles your shoulders. Carré is a hem-less strap that lies flat against your skin, so there aren't any wind-grabbing ridges under your jersey. The seams between the mesh and Carré are reinforced, so the junction remains intact for seasons to come.
For the leg openings, Castelli uses its Giro Air for a perfectly flat, stay-in-place grip. The band is also very wide so the pressure is distributed over a larger area and there's more gripping available. Bottom line, tan lines remain razor sharp and leg openings never waver from where you placed them at the start of the ride.
- A Castelli/CC collaboration that looks good and goes fast
- Designed for competitive racing and long training miles
- Vortex fabric is dimpled to reduce drag on the road
- Forza fabric along inner legs to stabilize muscles
- Progetto X² chamois with a seamless top layer for comfort
- Carré-engineered bib straps are minimalist in shape
- Wide, supportive Doppio V waistband
- Reflective elements along the rear
View more Men's Bib Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.