Item # CST00FT
Castelli Body Paint 3.3 Long-Sleeve Speed Suit - Men's $298.95
The speed you need.
When every watt of energy expenditure is crucial to performance, streamline your race-day efforts with the slim profile of the Castelli Men's Body Paint 3.3 Speed Suit. Originally developed for pro riders competing on the World Tour, the Body Paint 3.3 Speed Suit is one of the fastest commercial suits available for us mere mortals. Castelli claims it saves an impressive 28 watts, compared to a standard jersey ridden at 24 miles per hour.
From the lab to the race course, extensive research and design brought the Body Paint 3.3 Speed Suit to fruition. Castelli used computational fluid dynamics modeling in conjunction with wind tunnel testing for the most aerodynamic suit possible. For 2017, it's been re-tweaked for a few watts of energy savings, thanks to a slightly revised design along the legs and yoke.
Power Stretch Lycra is placed along the body, supporting key muscle groups while retaining a slippery aerodynamic profile. Seamless shoulder straps employ GIRO3 elastic for flat-lying comfort without irritation. The grippers are knitted directly into the leg fabric without stitching irritation or binding issues. For optimal padding, Castelli places a Progetto X2 Air seat pad for body-adapting comfort, antimicrobial properties, and multi-density cushioning.
- The fastest available speed suit on the market
- Originally developed for pro riders on the World Tour
- Saves 28 watts at 24 mph over standard cycling jerseys
- Slightly revised with updated leg fabric and rear yoke
- Power Stretch Lycra for support and streamlined speed
- Progetto X2 Air pad with four-way stretch, antimicrobial
- Grippers knitted into leg fabric to eliminate binding
- GIRO3 elastic along shoulders for irritation-free wear
View more Men's Skinsuits
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Small
It's a speed suit. It's fast. Super fast. Wind tunnel R&D shows. It's well made, holding up to the wear and tear of racing TTs. But I wanted to focus the review more on fit, since it is usually what comes up most with these garments.
I'm 6' 0" and 154 lbs. I am racing in a small. Sure, it takes 5 minutes or so to get on and requires fetal position on the floor to zip up. I also cannot stand up fully once in the thing. However, get on the bike on your riding position, and there isn't a seam, crease, wrinkle to be seen. Fits like a dream.