On the men's side, Castelli's Aero Race jersey has set the standard for race-proven, aerodynamic kit for years with other clothing manufacturers scrambling to keep up. Alongside the release of version 5.1 of the men's Free Aero jersey, Castelli is finally offering a women's version to wear with the Free Aero bib shorts. We like to think that the wait for the Women's Aero Race Full-Zip Jersey was simply a process of Castelli using the men's side as a testing ground to perfect the product so we could start with the best. From fit to fabrics, this jersey boasts a pedigree steeped in racing speed with comfort to weather the longest of training rides.
Across the front, Castelli uses stretchy, lightweight, and breathable Velocity Dry fabric, which sits comfortably against the skin to whisk moisture away with fast-drying efficiency. This fabric also utilizes a tightly knit weave to manage laminar airflow over the body for watt-saving aerodynamics, which will, in theory, translate to less fatigue and more speed out on the road.
The back and sleeves are made of 3D mesh, which is lightweight and dimple-textured. This increases the fibers' effective surface area without adding mass, allowing for increased wicking and an even faster evaporation. While we wouldn't wear it alone in the depths of winter, this does make the Aero Race Jersey appropriate for cool-weather applications as a drier jersey makes for a warmer cyclist.
- Castelli's streamlined, race-ready jersey
- Stay cool and dry with light, moisture-wicking fabrics
- Compressive band at waist holds hem and pockets in place
- Aerodynamic fit minimizes excess fabric
- Three rear pockets and a fourth, zippered pocket stow essentials
View more Women's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
Castelli Sizing Chart
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.